I made this meal from Homechef for dinner last Monday. It was very tasty. Thai pork lettuce wraps with water chestnuts, ginger and sesame dipping sauce. Low carb, easy to make and super satisfying.
I would love to make this again on my own, I just have no idea what was in the dipping sauce as it came pre made…
recipe below the pic.
click here to order the Home Chef service for yourself
- Hoisin Sauce (3.5 Oz)
- Home Chef Asian Dipping Sauce (3.5 Oz)
- Water Chestnuts (1.5 Oz)
- Ginger (1.0 Tsp)
- Sriracha (1.0 Tbsp)
- Slaw Mix (4.0 Oz)
- Cilantro Sprigs (3.0 )
- Green Onions (3.0 )
- Head of Lettuce (1.0 )
- Ground Pork (14.0 Oz)
624 calories per serving
Prep the Vegetables
• Rinse the lettuce and peel the leaves off individually to create lettuce cups. • Rinse and slice the green onions on a bias and separate white ends from dark green pieces. • Rinse and destem the cilantro. Discard the stems. Remove the leaves and keep them whole. • Drain and roughly chop the water chestnuts.
Brown the Ground Pork
• Heat a sauté pan with 2 Tsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. • Once oil is hot, add the pork and cook for 8-10 minutes, breaking the pork up with a spatula as it cooks. • Use a colander to drain excess fat and juices from pork.
Create the Filling
• Return drained pork to the sauté pan and warm over medium heat for 1 minute. • Add Hoisin sauce, Sriracha, water chestnuts, white ends of green onions (reserving dark green pieces for garnish), and ginger, all to taste, and sauté for another 3-4 minutes, or until flavors meld together and become aromatic. • Add salt and pepper to taste. • If desired, add 1 Tbsp. of water to thin out the filling.
Compose the Wrap
• Place a lettuce cup on a flat surface. • Fill with a few spoonfuls of pork mixture. • Top with slaw mix, cilantro leaves, and remaining dark green onions for extra crunch, reserving some cilantro and green onions for garnish. • Repeat steps for each lettuce cup.
Plate the Dish
• Arrange 3-4 assembled lettuce wraps on a plate. • Place dipping sauce in a cup next to lettuce wraps. • Garnish with any remaining cilantro leaves and reserved dark green onions.